Last updated: March 2, 2023.
Thank you for visiting us online at www.plumorganics.com , provided by Plum Organics, PBC (“Plum, PBC”). We are committed to protecting and safeguarding consumer privacy on the Internet, especially for children. Thanks again for visiting our web site and for placing your trust in Plum, PBC.
- Types of Information We Collect and How It Is Used
Personal information is generally defined as information that, by itself or in combination with other information, identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked with a particular consumer, device or household (“Personal Information”). Personal Information can include, but is not limited to, your name, address, telephone number, email address, username and password, IP address or other online identifiers, browsing or search history, credit/debit card number or other financial information, professional or employment-related information, office address and other business information, demographic information, consumer preferences, biometric information such as fingerprints, precise location information, or any other type of information that, directly or indirectly, can be linked to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you.
Depending on how you use the Web Site, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Contact information, such as name, mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
- Demographic information and preferences, such as your age, taste preferences, product preferences, shopping preferences, marketing preferences, and inferences that we draw from your preferences.
- Location information, such as your physical address.
- Technical data, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and other information gathered about your interactions with the Web Site.
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes, among others:
- Process your registration and verify customer information.
- Respond to your questions, comments, and requests.
- Send you marketing and promotional materials.
- Process and catalog your responses to surveys or questionnaires.
- Enter you in contests, sweepstakes, giveaways or other promotions and notify you of results.
- Improve the content and general administration of the Web Site, your experience on the Web Site, and our advertising.
- Understand how you use our products and what products you prefer.
- Tell you what stores closest to you carry your favorite Plum, PBC products.
- Protect the Web Site and the safety of others, enforce our legal rights, and comply with our legal obligations.
- Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information with third parties in certain circumstances, including the following:
- To service providers. For the purpose of operating our business, we may transfer information between Plum, PBC and our service providers who use that information only to conduct Plum, PBC business. These service providers may only use such personal information for the purpose of performing that function and may not use it for any other purpose. For example, they may handle Plum, PBC’s shipping, data management, e-mail distribution, market research, information analysis, and promotions management. We may also share your information to administer a Web Site feature. We provide our service providers with the information they need to perform their services and work with them to protect your information.
- As required by law or to enforce our rights. We also reserve the right to share Personal Information you provide with legal authorities if it is, in our sole opinion, necessary to investigate, prevent, or otherwise take action regarding suspected fraud, situations involving threats or potential harm, or if otherwise required by law (such as by a subpoena, court order, or other legal means). In the event that we reasonably believe that you have violated any of the terms or policies governing your use of the Web Site, we reserve the right to use any information we have collected about you in connection with any efforts we make or made by any of our agents on our behalf.
- In a business transaction. We may transfer information to an affiliate or third party as part of a transfer of business assets.
- With our affiliates. Plum, PBC may share Personal Information within the Plum, PBC organization, which may include our subsidiaries, our licensees, our franchisees, and our affiliates. Of course, any use of this information within the Plum, PBC organization will comply with this policy.
- Your Rights and Choices
You may request to review, update, or delete Personal Information we have about you. To make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may send you marketing information such as discount coupons, information about new product offerings, etc. You may opt out of receiving these materials at any time. If you wish to opt out of receiving marketing emails from us, please click the unsubscribe link included in those emails. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from marketing emails, you may continue to receive administrative, legal, and other important communications from us.
- Cookies and Google Analytics
You may opt out of the automated collection of information by third-party ad networks for the purpose of delivering advertisements tailored to your interests by visiting the consumer opt-out page for the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ and edit or opt-out your Google Display Network ads’ preferences at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences/. To learn more about other ways to opt-out of certain kinds of targeted advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and the Digital Advertising Alliance website.
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked.
- Links to Other Sites and Use of Other Products
We may offer links to sites that are not operated by Plum, PBC. If you visit one of these linked sites, you should review their privacy and other policies. We are not responsible for the policies and practices of other companies, and any information you submit to those companies is subject to their privacy policies.
- Notice to International Users.
We use commercially reasonable security measures to protect the the Personal Information we collect about you. However, no transmission of information over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We recommend that you use caution when sharing your Personal Information with us electronically, especially if such information is sensitive or confidential.
- California Privacy Rights.
Generally, over the past 12 months, Plum, PBC may have collected, used and shared your personal information in the following ways:
|Categories of Personal Information we collect||We may collect this Personal Information…||We collect this Personal Information so that we may…||Types of third parties that may receive this Personal Information|
|Contact information and other data that could be used to identify or communicate with you, including your name, mailing or shipping address(es), email address, telephone number, and any inferences we might draw from such information||Directly from you, such as when you: Register for features and programs available at our sites; Request Plum, PBC product samples; Contact Plum. PBC with questions or comments; Request customer service and related assistance; Participate in our promotions, offers, surveys, quizzes, questionnaires, contests, sweepstakes or giveaways through the sites, over social media or elsewhere; Sign up for any Plum, PBC newsletters; Interact with us at trade shows or conferences; or Provide it to us in the content of any product reviews, forms or other communications you direct to Plum, PBC.||Process your registration; Provide fulfillment services for product samples; Respond to your questions and comments; Process and catalog your responses to surveys or questionnaires; Respond to your customer service requests and provide you with other assistance you request; Send out coupons, vouchers, merchandise, special deals, brochures, recipes, information and tips on cooking, and other information on our products; Enter you in contests, sweepstakes, giveaways or other promotions and notify you of results; Send you emails, mail and social media communications with updates and news related to promotions, contests, product information, and dietary information; Send you promotional communications about products or services we think may interest you; or Verify customer information.||Other brands affiliated with Plum, PBC to benefit from our corporate structure and facilitate more efficient services; Email vendors and other marketing service providers; Shipping entities and logistics service providers to ship you product samples and other materials on Plum, PBC’s behalf; Web hosting service providers; Our partner agencies and marketing affiliates for assistance with product improvement, development and customer relations; or Customer service agencies.|
Directly from you, such as when you: Register for features and programs available at our sites; Request Plum, PBC product samples; Contact Plum, PBC with questions or comments; Request customer service and related assistance; Participate in our promotions, offers, surveys, quizzes, questionnaires, sweepstakes, contests or giveaways through the sites, over social media or elsewhere; Provide it to us in the content of any product reviews, forms or other communications you direct to Plum, PBC.
|Understand how you use our products, what products you prefer; Respond to your questions and comments; Respond to your customer service requests and provide you with other assistance you request; Improve the content and general administration of the site and our advertising; or Send you promotional communications about products or services we think may interest you, including information about third-party products and services.||Other brands affiliated with Plum, PBC to benefit from our corporate structure and facilitate more efficient services; Partner agencies and marketing affiliates for assistance with product improvement, development and customer relations; Analytics providers; or Customer service agencies.|
|Transactional information, such as payment card information and purchase history||Provide products to you; or Process your transactions and collect payments||Payment processors to process your transactions; or Shipping entities and logistics service providers to ship you products.|
|Location information including your physical address||Through the use of automated technologies, when you: Use store locator services provided on or through the sites; Interact with us over social media while location tracking is enabled on your social media account; Directly from you, such as when you: Sign up for any Plum, PBC newsletters; or Provide it to us in the content of any communications you direct to Plum, PBC.||Tell you what stores closest to you carry your favorite Plum, PBC products; or Send you promotional communications about products or services we think may interest you based on where you are located.||Location service providers to help you find where our products can be purchased in stores near you.|
In addition to the categories of Personal Information above, we may also collect your signature and certain medical information when you submit to Plum, PBC consumer complaint forms, medical release forms, dental release forms, other release forms or any cashed claim checks. In order to administer and process these forms that you sign, we may collect information on medical symptoms you claim to be experiencing. Plum, PBC may share such information with our insurers as necessary to process your claim.
Depending on your use of the Web Site, we may have shared the following categories of Personal Information for advertising purposes, which may be considered a sale as defined by California law: demographic information, location information, and technical information. We may share these categories of Personal Information with our advertisers and advertising networks to allow them to better tailor their advertisements on our Web Site and/or on third party websites. We do not knowingly sell the Personal Information of consumers under 18 years of age.
Where we ask you for your Personal Information due to statutory or contractual requirements, we will indicate which information is required and which is voluntary. However, if you do not provide us with certain information voluntarily, we may not be able to provide you with the respective products or services, or respond to your requests, for which we need that information.
By providing to Plum, PBC the Personal Information and other data referenced above, you agree that we may use such Personal Information and other data in accordance with the terms of this Notice. We will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
California law provides California consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. More specifically, you have the following rights regarding Plum, PBC’s collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information:
- The right to request that we disclose what Personal Information we collect, use, disclose or sell about you;
- The right to request the deletion of Personal Information we have collected or maintain about you;
- The right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Information, as described above; and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment by Plum, PBC, in terms of the services and prices offered on or through our services, because you exercised these rights regarding the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information.
If you would like to access, review, edit, delete or have us properly dispose of any copies of the Personal Information that Plum, PBC collected about you (subject to any applicable legal exceptions), if you would like to opt-out of receiving further information or limit what we share, or if you would like to exercise the above rights in any other way, please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 1-877-914-PLUM (7586).
You may be able to opt-out of Plum, PBC sharing your Personal Information with the entities identified in this Notice by contacting us using the email address or phone number, above. California law defines the term “sale” broadly, and it may include our transfer of information to third parties to market products and services to you and to provide internet-based advertising. To the extent this transfer of information is considered a sale, you may opt-out of sharing for targeted advertising by using the “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link at the bottom of our webpages and at https://www.sunmaid.com/do-not-sell-my-personal-information/. You may also submit an opt-out request by using a drop-down menu at the “Contact Us” page on the sites. We will honor any verifiable request to opt-out unless the sharing of your Personal Information is necessary to perform one of the following business purposes: to count ad impressions and evaluate their effectiveness; to detect, protect against, and prosecute security incidents; to debug or troubleshoot functional errors that may arise with the services; to complete short-term tasks related to an existing interaction you have with Plum, PBC; to maintain or service your account; to process payments and fulfill orders or other transactions you authorize; to verify your customer information; and to ensure the safety and quality of the services.
Plum, PBC will do its best to accommodate any request to delete or properly dispose of any copies of your Personal Information. Please be as specific as possible in any request to delete or dispose of copies of your Personal Information. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise to perform a contract we entered into with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
If you choose to request that we delete certain portions of your Personal Information, it may affect your ability to use certain parts of the Web Site. If the request relates to information that Plum, PBC needs to make the Website function properly for you, you may no longer be able to use the Website.
You have the right to request from us once per calendar year a list of affiliates and third parties with whom we shared Personal Information about you for their own direct marketing purposes during the previous calendar year. If you have any questions on what we share for direct marketing purposes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may grant an authorized agent written permission to submit requests regarding your Personal Information. Plum, PBC may request your agent provide proof of your signed permission to submit the request before responding to any requests made by a supposedly authorized agent. Plum, PBC may deny authorized agent requests if we are unable to verify your identity, or if you cannot confirm that you authorized the agent to act on your behalf.
Plum, PBC is required to verify the identity of any person or entity that requests the disclosure or deletion of Personal Information. If you have a password-protected account with us, we will use our existing authentication procedures to verify your identity. For most other requests from consumers that do not have a password-protected account with us, Plum, PBC will ask you to provide information that matches at least two pieces of Personal Information we store about you before responding to your request. If you would like to request specific pieces of your Personal Information we have collected, or if you would like us to delete highly sensitive information, you will need to provide information that matches at least three pieces of information we store about you, and you must provide a signed declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose Personal Information you are requesting.
When attempting to verify your identity, we will avoid asking you for more sensitive information such as your full name. Instead, we may ask you to provide other types of information to match what we have in our records. For example, we may ask for part of your name or portions of the address for your home, office or business, among other types of information. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
If you believe there has been some violation of this notice, if you believe that Personal Information you supplied to Plum, PBC has been compromised or inappropriately accessed by a person outside of Plum, PBC, or if you have any questions about this notice, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also contact us using the information below. If you do not agree to the collection and use of your Personal Information as described in this Notice, please do not provide us with any information and cease using the Web Site.
- Children’s information
The Web Site is intended for individuals 18 years of age and older who are located in the United States. The Web Site is not directed at, marketed to, nor intended for, use by children under 18 years of age. Plum, PBC does not knowingly collect or sell the Personal Information of minors under 18 years of age. If Plum, PBC learns that any information was provided through the Web Site by a person younger than 18 years of age, Plum, PBC will delete or destroy the information immediately.
- How to Contact Us
Plum Organics, PBC
6795 N. Palm Ave, 2nd Floor
Fresno, CA 93704-1088