INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect various types of information from you depending on how you interact with our Sites, as described below.
Information You Provide to Us
We may receive and store information that you provide to us voluntarily when you visit our Sites. For example, we may receive information from you when you register for an account or use any of our online tools (e.g., Club Plum on www.plumorganics.com); subscribe to an electronic newsletter; send us a question or comment; post a photograph or video; enter or respond to a survey, contest, sweepstakes or other promotional program; or otherwise provide information directly to us. Examples of the information that we may collect from you includes:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Mailing address
- Age or date of birth
- Username and/or password
- Payment information (e.g., credit card) when making a transaction
- Marital status
- Number and age or date of birth of your children
- Demographic information
- Preferences (e.g., on foods/recipe interests, website usage, grocery store chains, etc.)
If you choose to share information about yourself in a public forum, such as through a social media platform like Facebook or Twitter, or in any user-generated content area of our Sites, we consider that information to be public and not private. Others with access may read, collect and use that information. You assume the risk that your information may be read, collected and shared by such other parties.
Information We Automatically Collect From You
We may also permit other third parties to gather information automatically on our Sites for advertising purposes, as described below in Interest-Based Advertising.
Our Sites may collect information on your specific location to provide location-based services, such as assisting you in finding stores that carry our products or identifying special offers that may be of interest to you. In order for our Sites to identify your location, you must enable this functionality through your device settings to allow the use of cell tower proximity, GPS, Wi-Fi or other similar technologies. You may opt-out of the continued collection and use of this information by adjusting the settings on your device. We have no control over your device’s settings to allow these technologies to collect and use geolocation data.
Information Collected From Other Sources
We may also collect similar or additional information about you from other sources, including public databases and data aggregators. This information may include purchase behavior, market research data or publicly observed data via online activities, such as blogs, social media or other user generated content sites. We may combine this information with other information we collect from you to customize and improve the relevancy of our services to you.
HOW WE USE AND SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
- to respond to your inquiries, forward information you request and provide other customer service;
- to send you relevant administration information regarding our Sites;
- to supply you with newsletters, promotional emails about us and our partners, product information, event-related news and surveys and samples if you request to receive such communication from us;
- to communicate with you about our sweepstakes, contests, loyalty and rewards programs, coupons, rebates, premiums and other promotions which you have entered or joined or for which you have requested information, including for the purpose of notifying you if you win;
- to identify your consumer review on our Sites, if you provide your information for disclosure;
- to complete a transaction and fulfill your order;
- to conduct research and perform analysis in order to measure, maintain, protect, develop and improve our products and services;
- to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate the law or our policies;
- to target relevant advertising to you when you visit our Sites or other third party websites;
- to provide you with a personalized consumer experience on our Sites; and
- to otherwise maintain and optimize the online services our Sites provide to you.
We may share your information among our brands, affiliates and subsidiaries. We also hire third parties to perform services on our behalf and may share your information with them. These third parties are obligated to keep your information confidential and only use it as necessary to perform such services. For example, we may share your information with our agencies to help us administer a sweepstakes or other promotion; deliver content, samples, products, gifts and prizes; or provide you with customer service. When you make a purchase on our Sites, we may share your payment information with our online payment processor to fulfill your order. We do not rent, sell or trade your information to third-party marketers for commercial purposes without your consent.
We may also share your information when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law or a government request; to prevent damage or injury to us or others; or to protect our rights. For example, we reserve the right to and may disclose your information in response to requests from local, state or federal law enforcement officials; any judicial, administrative or similar proceeding or order, such as a subpoena; to investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats or other violations of our Site policies or the rights of third parties; or to investigate any suspected misconduct.
We may also share your information in connection with a merger, acquisition, sale or reorganization or the potential thereof, including with our successors in business and purchasers of Site assets, or with our parent or affiliate companies for corporate reporting.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The security of your information is important to us. We have undertaken commercially reasonable efforts to prevent unauthorized access to the visitor data we retain. However, due to the inherent open nature of the Internet, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or any information provided online, and you do so at your own risk. By using our Sites, you accept all risks associated with any data transmission, including the risk that your information may be intercepted in transit and agree that we will not be liable for disclosures of your information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties.
You can prevent your receipt of interest-based ads by deleting and declining cookies in your browser. If you block cookies, certain features on our Sites may not work. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt-out of certain mobile ads via their device settings. Some browsers offer a “Do Not Track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. Our Sites do not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
SOCIAL MEDIA SERVICES
OPTING OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
You may exercise your opt-out rights to stop receiving our promotional communications by:
- Clicking the “unsubscribe” link in the footer of any promotional electronic message from us and following the on-screen directions. If you created an online account with us, you may log-in to the applicable brand’s Site and make changes to your communications preferences. We may still need to contact you for administrative or transactional purposes.
- You may also contact us as provided below under Contact Us to make your opt-out request. Be sure to specify the brand or Site and how you want to change, update or limit our use of your information.
What We Collect From Children and How We Use It
We do not require children to share any personal information in order to participate on our child-directed Sites. Children can surf, view content, play games and enjoy many features of our child-directed Sites without providing any personal information. If a child wants to use a Site for special activities, like earning badges, we may ask the child to “join” the Site. A child can join the Site anonymously by providing us with a username and password. On our child-directed Sites with the ability to enter a user name, we advise children not to provide any personal information in their username.
On occasion, however, we may collect personal information, such as an email address, from children as part of an activity. For example:
- Email address: We may collect a child’s email address via our child-directed Sites in order to respond to a one-time request from the child, such as if the child asks us a question. In this case, we delete the child’s email address from our system once we have responded, and we do not use the child’s email address for any other purpose.
- Send-a-friend: In the case of send-a-friend card or email service via our child-directed Sites, we may collect the friend’s email address to send the card/email. We do not store the friend’s email address for any longer than reasonably necessary to send the card/email.
- Contests or Sweepstakes: We may collect a child’s email address to enter the child in a sweepstakes or contest via our child-directed Sites, and then use this email address to notify the child that he or she has won or lost that sweepstakes or contest. For certain promotions, we may require that a child give us his/her parent’s email address so we can obtain more information from the parent for prize fulfillment purposes; to tell the parent whether the child has registered in a promotion; or to notify and obtain consent from the parent if we need to collect more than a child’s email address to enter the child in the promotion.
We will not collect other personal information from a child, such as a postal address or telephone number, without the consent of a parent or guardian. If parent or guardian consent is required, we will collect the email address of the parent or guardian so we can provide notice of our information practices and/or seek the consent of the parent or guardian. We will not condition a child’s participation in any online activity on the child’s disclosure of more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in and operate that activity
We may also collect information using automated tools solely to support the Site’s internal operations, including maintaining, securing, and analyzing the functioning of the Site. For example, we may collect this information to recognize returning visitors, understand and monitor usage of the Site, customize content on the Site, and otherwise improve performance of the Site. We do not permit interest-based advertising on our Sites directed to children.
This site is maintained in and governed by the laws of the United States of America. By using this site, you authorize the export of your personal information to the USA and its storage and use as specified in this policy.
Special Circumstances for Information Sharing and Platform Security
We may share a child’s personal information with third parties if we are required to do so by law or to the extent reasonably necessary to protect the security or integrity of our Sites; take precautions against liability; or to respond to judicial process or requests from other governmental authorities. We also may share personal information collected from children with vendors that perform services for us. These services may include hosting our Sites, providing other technical services to us, or fulfilling requests or administering promotions. Such vendors are obligated to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them. We may also share personal information if Plum reorganizes or transfers ownership, including with those who may purchase our Site assets, or with other parts of the company for corporate reporting.
Under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), a parent has the right to review and have their child’s personal information deleted from our records. A parent also has the right to tell us to stop collecting or using their child’s personal information. To exercise these options, you may email, call, or write to us via the information listed in the Contact Us section below. Please reference “COPPA Information Request.”
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Links to Other Sites
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (the “Code”) permits users who are California residents to request certain information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties which is used for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, to which we shall respond to the extent required by the Code, send us correspondence with your name, postal address and email, referencing “California Privacy Rights,” via any of the methods provided in the Contact Us section below.
United States of America
1485 Park Ave #200
Emeryville, CA 94608
Hours of operation: Available weekdays from 9AM-4PM PT
Effective Date: 11/08/2016