Plum products are always made without genetically modified ingredients. Plum is also a proud member of the Non-GMO Project with over 50 percent of our portfolio certified and the rest underway! Check out which products have the stamp here.
Implemented in 2002, the USDA Organics certification system went through over a decade of development. For packaged foods, only products that contain at least 95% organically produced ingredients (the other 5% must come from an approved National Organic Program list) can use the seal on its packaging and must be made in facilities that are certified to meet strict USDA Organic guidelines. Certified by an independent third-party, all USDA Certified Organic products must show documentation that allows full traceability from the retailer shelves to the field where the organic ingredients were grown.
Plum® baby food pouches can be served at room temperature, slightly chilled, or warmed in a bowl of hot water. DO NOT microwave pouch. To serve, simply twist off the cap and let your little one feed directly from the spout, or squeeze into a bowl or onto a spoon for your little one to enjoy! The pouches can be stored in your cupboard until ready for use. Refrigeration is required upon opening and we recommend the meal should be consumed within 24 hours for best quality and taste.
Our pouch is not recyclable, but it does leave a smaller environmental footprint than the glass baby food jar. The amount of packaging per gram of food is almost 11 times smaller for the pouch as compared to the glass jar.
We’re also actively searching for alternative earth-friendly materials that can be used for food-grade products. We’ve even partnered with industry leaders, such as Materials Recovery for the Future and OSC2, to find new types of recyclable materials.
The cap is too small to go through the regular recycling system. Collect your caps and send them back to Preserve or drop them off at the nearest Preserve bin (find a location here).
Our pouches are designed to withstand a normal pressurized airplane environment, and are indeed safe for air travel. In fact, one of the things that our customers love so much about our pouches is that they’re so convenient and easy to travel with! If you’re still concerned, it won’t hurt to put the pouches in a zip-lock bag. The TSA does allow baby food to pass through the security checkpoint, so long as you inform the Transportation Security Officer that you are carrying baby food at the beginning of the screening process. Baby food products may be subjected to additional screening that could include being asked to open the container.
At the core of what we do, Plum is committed to nourishing little ones with healthy, nutritious products. Through Plum’s program The Full Effect®, we are dedicated to tackling hunger and nourishing babies and toddlers in need across America. Becoming a benefit corporation further reinforced our values and social mission.