Frozen fruit & yogurt pops
Featuring Plum's Second Blends Pumpkin & Banana And Blueberry, Pear & Purple Carrot
Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 3 hrs
- 1 Plum Organics Blueberry, Pear & Purple Carrot pouch
- 1 Plum Organics Pumpkin & Banana pouch
- 1 1/2 c Greek Yogurt, well-stirred
- 6 medium strawberries, washed, dried & chopped
- Zest of one Meyer lemon
I keep popsicle molds in our freezer year round. One of the reasons I don’t mind keeping a hefty supply of popsicles at the ready anytime of year is because I control the ingredients. I had never thought to add vegetables to our favorite popsicles until I tried these delicious flavor combinations from Plum Organics. They have just the right amount of fruity sweetness and bright colors. The fruit and vegetable flavors pair perfectly with the tangy Greek yogurt, while the berries and lemon zest add texture and flavor. If you are a naptime chef like me, simply mix up the popsicles during naptime and let them freeze all afternoon.
- In a medium bowl add the Greek yogurt and stir in the lemon zest and strawberries until combined.
- Prepare the popsicle molds to be filled. Add one-inch of the yogurt mixture to the mold, making sure to add a few strawberry pieces.
- Squeeze in one tablespoon of the Plum Organics Blueberry, Pear & Purple Carrot and gently tap the popsicle mold so it is as flat as possible.
- Layer in a second inch of the yogurt mixture, then add a layer of the Plum Organics Pumpkin & Banana.
- Repeat layering with the yogurt mixtures and Plum Organics pouches until the molds are full.
- Place pops in the freezer and freeze until completely hard.
- To release, run the popsicle molds under warm water and pull out the popsicles to eat! Makes six two-ounce popsicles.
Kelsey Banfield is the The Naptime Chef, a blog for parents who love to cook and eat great food. It focuses on family-friendly recipes that can be made while a child is napping as well as cooking solutions for entertaining and time-saving kitchen tips and tricks. Kelsey believes that parents don’t have to give up cooking and eating great food just because they have kids!