Gluten-free blueberry and sweet cornbread muffins
Featuring Plum's Cherry, Sweet Corn & Greek Yogurt Pouch.
Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking time: 20 mins
- 2 pouches, Plum Organics Second Blends Cherry, Sweet Corn & Greek Yogurt
- 3T melted butter
- 1/4c honey
- 1/4c raw sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1c almond milk
- 1T lemon juice
- 1c cornmeal
- 2T ground flaxseed
- 1c gluten-free flour blend
- 1t salt
- 3/4t baking soda
- 1/2p organic blueberries
- 1/2 corn kennels
- Additional: Standard muffin tin
Let’s face it — cornbread is one of the most delicious foods out there. Unfortunately, it’s not always the most nutritious. Try a new approach with a cornbread that’s gluten-free yet berry-full! Happy baking!
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a small-to-medium size bowl, mix dry ingredients (corn meal, ground flaxseed, gluten-free flour, salt and baking soda)
- Melt butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Add honey and sugar to melted butter.
- Whisk in egg and add Plum pouches to wet ingredients.
- In a separate container, mix almond milk and lemon juice. Let sit for 1 minute, then add to wet ingredients. Finally, mix in corn kernels.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing and whisking to combine.
- Using a small ladle or large spoon (a ¼ or ½ cup measure could work, too), pour the batter into the muffin tin.
- Top each uncooked muffin with 3-5 blueberries.
- Bake for 20 mins
- Serve warm!