Moroccan carrot hummus
Featuring Plum's Apple & Carrot Pouch
Prep time: 5 mins | Cooking time: 5 mins
- 1 pouch, Plum Organics Second Blends Apple & Carrot
- 1 15.5-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 2T lemon juice
- 1T water
- 3T extra-virgin olive oil
- 1T tahini, almond butter, or cashew butter
- 1 small glove garlic
- 1/4t ground coriander
- 1/4t ground tumeric
- 1/4t ground cumin
- 3/4t kosher salt
This takes classic hummus and gives it a big boost of flavor, color, and nutrition by whirling in Plum’s Apple and Carrot. The result is a creamy dip that pairs deliciously with cut up veggies or whole grain pita chips. The addition of a few exotic spices gives the hummus a slightly Moroccan vibe that is flavorful but never spicy.
Put all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Run the food processor until the ingredients blend into a creamy smooth dip, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
Makes about 1 ½ cups of Carrot Hummus
- Put all of the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Run the food processor until the ingredients blend into a creamy smooth dip, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed.
- Makes about 1 ½ cups of Carrot Hummus
Katie Sullivan Morford
Katie Morford is a food writer and registered dietitian who aims to bring ease to your every day table through delicious recipes, practical cooking tips, and nutrition know how. She is the voice behind the blog Mom’s Kitchen Handbook, the author of Best Lunch Box Ever (Chronicle Books, 2013), with a second cookbook due in 2016. Katie lives in San Francisco with her husband and three children.