Pumpkin-Banana Greek Yogurt Bread
Pump a little extra goodness into your banana bread with #EatYourColors Orange and carob chips.
Prep time: 10mins | Cooking time: 60 mins
- 1½ cups (150 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium-size ripe banana, mashed (100 g or 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup (120 g) Eat Your Colors® Orange
- 1/2 cup (115 g) plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (50 g) brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (45 g) carob chips
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF (176ºC), and lightly grease a 9 x 5 (23 x 13 cm) bread pan. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices, and salt. Stir until well combined and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a medium sized mixing bowl. Add mashed bananas, pumpkin, Greek yogurt, maple syrup, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently. Do not over mix. Fold in any add-ins you wish to include.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan, spreading it out evenly, and bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean. After 45 minutes, you may wish to cover with a sheet of tin foil to prevent the top from getting too brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for about 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.