Spring Pesto Pasta
Fruit in your pesto? That pears nicely! Use our Stage 2 Pear, Spinach & Pea pouch in this Spring Pesto Pasta.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pecans (lightly toast them if you desire in a small saucepan over low heat just for a minute or so making sure to not let them burn)
- 2-3 large cloves of garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon and 1 teaspoon of the lemon zest
- 5 Tbsp. grated parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons of water, depending on desired thickness
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 S2 Pear, Spinach & Pea Pouch
- Spaghetti (or your favorite pasta type!)
While your water is coming to a boil, prepare your Spring pesto. Directions begin at step 2!
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- While you wait for your water to boil, prepare your pesto. Add basil, pecans, garlic, lemon and lemon zest, Parmesan cheese, Oregano, Olive Oil, Pear, Spinach & Pea Pouch, Salt and Pepper to a blender. Blend until just combined, ensuring not to over-blend – to avoid bruising your basil and turning the pesto brown.
- Once the water has come to a boil, add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally. Depending on pasta type, this will be about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Toss pesto with warm pasta. Serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.